The Group’s credit card business has been operating since 2003 under the Vanquis brand and has been a key part of our Group since 2013.
We are a leading specialist lender in the large and established credit card market and have a strong capital and liquidity position.
I mainly spend on my card because it is just so convenient. I’ve got peace of mind, security on my purchases and it’s so easy to use.
earn an average of £30k, with a core spread of £20-£50k
are mostly between 46 and 65 years old
work full time, part-time or are self employed
Our Managing Director of Cards
The cards business has several key competitive advantages, including it's strong capablities across underwriting and collections, it's robust capital and liquidity positions, and it's fundamental understanding of it's customers.”
Fiona Anderson, Managing Director of Cards
- Provide a range of cards tailored to suit the needs of our customers, with a range of APR's, credit limits and promotional offers.
- Support customers from day one, making it easy to do business with us. We provide regular communications, an award-winning app, and deliver some of the highest levels of customer satisfaction in our sector.
- Proactively help our customers build their credit score, with a focus on responsible lending, by offering credit limit increases when appropriate to do so.
- Sector specialisation, with a focus on the non-standard market and over 20 years as a non-standard card issuer.
- Utilising a range of industry leading technology partners to provide best in class outsourced systems.
- Leveraging data and market insight through partnerships with Experian, Visa and TransUnion.
- Benefiting from a lower cost of funds as a full deposit-taking PRA and FCA regulated bank.
- Management team expertise with a breadth of experience in consumer finance and cards.
- Strong collections capabilities.
- Scale business with over 1.5 million customers.
- Robust underwriting and collection strength resulting in stable risk-adjusted margins throughout the cycle.
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and achieving top quartile levels NPS in our sector.
- Good, safe returns for depositers.
Our customers value a Vanquis credit card for a variety of reasons:
- The range of good value products with manageable limits designed for their circumstances.
- Ease of account management through the mobile app for basic transactions and with the ability to speak to a person when they need additional support or have vulnerabilities.
- The ability to add their card to their Google or Apple Wallets for greater choice, convenience and added security in how they spend.
- Ability to grow their credit through regular credit line increases, where appropriate, which can support in building or rebuilding their credit score.
Now with 20 years experience in the non-standard credit card market we have built deep understanding of both our consumer needs and developed a successful business model to support these, levering our long Group history in serving this segment of the market.
Visit the Vanquis Credit Cards website.
I’m really grateful to Vanquis because they gave me a card when no one else would help me out. Since then I’ve been able to build up my credit rating by buying my everyday shopping on my card and paying it off the next month. The app is good as well because it sends me little reminders, so I don’t get behind or anything.
In the 3 years I’ve had the card, my rating has improved massively, they’ve increased my credit limit as I’ve used it too.
I mainly spend on my card because it is just so convenient. I’ve got peace of mind and security on my purchases and it’s so easy to use.